The Irish Government’s commitment to the agri-food sector remains strong. In the Estimate for 2020, the Exchequer is providing €1.6 billion for Programme Expenditure for agriculture, fisheries and food. Total public expenditure will amount to over €3 billion when the department’s Vote is combined with EU funding of €1.5 billion.
The Department of Agriculture’s strategic goals include commitments to:
- promote and safeguard public, animal and plant health and animal welfare for the benefit of consumers producers and wider society
- provide income and market supports to underpin the rural economy and the environment
- provide the optimum policy framework for the sustainable development of the agri-food sector
- deliver a sustainable, growth driven sector focused on competitiveness and innovation driven by a skilled workforce delivering value added products in line with market demands
- maintain and develop strategic, operational, regulatory and technical capacity to achieve operational excellence.
If our office can assist you in accessing the Departments many programmes please get in touch.
Need assistance with a Agriculture related query?
Complete the short enquiry form below and my office will be in touch to assist further.